- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- decor and architecture are aesthetically sensitive to the landscape
- a short drive from the city center
- restaurant reservations essential
Check Rates from our Partners
La Colina Review
Pine-filled hills are the first thing you see each morning at this small apart-hotel on a natural balcony over town. You can even bathe with a view: the stone-clad hot tubs are surrounded by massive plate-glass windows. The spacious suites all have bouncy king-size beds with rich cotton linens in soft colors like taupe and camel; the irregular woolen swaths that line the walls are a modern take on alpine style. You can also get an eyeful of the view from the hotel's restaurant ($$), where owner-chef Ricardo Nogueira does excellent nightly set menus of Central European dishes like pork ribs and sauerkraut. His son, Juan Pablo, organizes rappelling, rock-climbing, horseback-riding, and 4x4 excursions.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hopefully we will get a chance to post a more formal trip report later however I thought I'd post a few initial details. Read more
Thank you to everyone who posted reports and answered my questions over the past year in planning this trip.
Our story: We are a mature, newly retired Canadian couple who are well travelled and spending Read more
Trip planning is coming along and now am trying to pin down timeline and hoping those of you who have done the same will give more advice. Read more