- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
La Olla Review
North of town on Paseo Bajo, water from the peaks has created the small pools known as La Olla. They're over 8 meters (26 feet) deep, and even in summer the water temperature never exceeds 15°C (59°F), making this the perfect place to cool off on hot days. The rock face behind the pools is a favorite with local rock climbers. If that's too cold, follow the river for a couple of hundred yards to the slightly warmer Lago de las Truchas. In late afternoons, on the other side of the river, tea and rich German-style cakes await at Confitería Tante Liesbeth.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
Hopefully we will get a chance to post a more formal trip report later however I thought I'd post a few initial details. Read more
If you were in Mendoza, and wanted to then travel somewhere for approx. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more