The Estancia Jesuítica de Caroya was founded in 1616 and evolved over the centuries: the ascetic stone chapel dates from its founding, while the patio, cloisters, and outbuildings were added during the 18th and 19th centuries. During the wars of independence, the building had the brief but dubious honor of being Argentina's first knife and sword factory; later it became a sort of summer camp for the students of Córdoba's prestigious Colegio de Nuestra Señora de Montserrat.
Heavy rustic furniture and religious paintings from the Cusqueña School fill the 10 rooms that were once the priests' cells, while more weapons—this time 18th-century rifles—fill the gallery. The patio is shaded by elms, orange trees, and palms—all rustled by cool breezes.
Av. 28 de Julio s/n, Córdoba, Córdoba, 5223, Argentina