- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Villa Carlos Paz, Cosquín, and La Falda are packed with hotels aimed at the Argentinian market and are close to Córdoba; for a similar valley landscape minus the crowds, head to quiet, refined La Cumbre. Formerly part of a massive Spanish hacienda, La Cumbre had become a mini British colony by the first half of the 20th century, filled with the summerhouses of investors involved with construction of the railway. Though their legacy remains in the mock-Tudor buildings at the town's snooty golf course, nowadays La Cumbre is synonymous with paragliding (it's near one of the country's best launching spots). The town itself has lots of good hotels and restaurants, making it a great base for exploring La Punilla or for taking hikes and horse treks into the surrounding hills.
La Cumbre at a Glance
Elsewhere in Córdoba and Environs
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's