- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
An alternative to renting a car is to hire a remis, a car with a driver, especially for day outings. Hotels and travel agents can make arrangements for you. Some local car agencies offer chauffeur-driven rentals as well.
You'll have to pay cash, but you'll often spend less than you would on a rental car or hiring cabs for whole days. Remis service costs about 35-50 pesos per hour, sometimes with a three-hour minimum and an additional charge per kilometer (0.5 mi) if you drive outside the city limits. If your driver is helpful and friendly, a 10% tip is appropriate.
Abbey Rent-A-Car (11/4924–1984. www.abbeyrentacar.com.ar.)
Annie Millet Transfers (11/6777–7777.)
Remises Universal (11/4105–5555. www.universalvans.com.)
Vía Remis (11/4777–8888.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's