- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Buenos Aires
At a Glance
- just blocks from shopping on Florida Street
- lobby bar serves up superb, stiff cocktails
- clientele is homogeneous—almost all retirement age
- bathrooms are small
Check Rates from our Partners
Tall white columns front the entrance, beyond which is the high-ceilinged lobby and a traditional British café and piano bar that draws a steady stream of politicians and businessmen. The redbrick building dates from 1946, and was built with an Anglo-Argentine clientele in mind; that feeling lingers in the spacious, elegant rooms with their bright floral patterns and wood paneling. The pool and spa are ideal for chilling out after a long porteño night.
- Address: Tucumán 535, Centro, Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires 1049 | Map It
- Phone: 11/4314–2020; 800/223–5652 in U.S.; 34/902–932424 international
- Website: www.claridge.com.ar
- Metro C to San Martín.
- Location: Centro
- 146 rooms, 6 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hopefully we will get a chance to post a more formal trip report later however I thought I'd post a few initial details. Read more
Thank you to everyone who posted reports and answered my questions over the past year in planning this trip.
Our story: We are a mature, newly retired Canadian couple who are well travelled and spending Read more
I have recently bought a flight to Buenos Aires and am planning to visit south America for 3 months ( May 12th to August 4th ) wooo hooo!!!! . I have less than 2 months to plan the greates Read more
· News & Features
Uncovering the best Buenos Aires spots for culinary indulgence demands some well-vetted guidance. ... Read more
Carmelo offers golden riverfront beaches, rich cultural offerings, an up-and-coming wine region, and more.... Read more
The options for taking on tango in Buenos Aires can be downright overwhelming, so we've done the legwork... Read more