- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Buenos Aires
At a Glance
- just blocks from shopping on Florida Street
- lobby bar serves up superb, stiff cocktails
- clientele is homogeneous—almost all retirement age
- bathrooms are small
Check Rates from our Partners
Tall white columns front the entrance, beyond which is the high-ceilinged lobby and a traditional British café and piano bar that draws a steady stream of politicians and businessmen. The redbrick building dates from 1946, and was built with an Anglo-Argentine clientele in mind; that feeling lingers in the spacious, elegant rooms with their bright floral patterns and wood paneling. The pool and spa are ideal for chilling out after a long porteño night.
- Address: Tucumán 535, Centro, Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires 1049 | Map It
- Phone: 11/4314–2020; 800/223–5652 in U.S.; 34/902–932424 international
- Website: www.claridge.com.ar
- Metro C to San Martín.
- Location: Centro
- 146 rooms, 6 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
Hopefully we will get a chance to post a more formal trip report later however I thought I'd post a few initial details. Read more
I have recently bought a flight to Buenos Aires and am planning to visit south America for 3 months ( May 12th to August 4th ) wooo hooo!!!! . I have less than 2 months to plan the greates Read more
· News & Features
Uncovering the best Buenos Aires spots for culinary indulgence demands some well-vetted guidance. ... Read more
Carmelo offers golden riverfront beaches, rich cultural offerings, an up-and-coming wine region, and more.... Read more
The options for taking on tango in Buenos Aires can be downright overwhelming, so we've done the legwork... Read more