Museo de la Ciudad
Museo de la Ciudad Review
"Whimsical" is one way to describe the City Museum, which focuses on random aspects of domestic and public life in Buenos Aires in times past. "Eccentric" is probably closer to the mark for the permanent collection: an array of typical porteño doors. Historical toys, embroidery, religion in Buenos Aires, and garden gnomes (yes, really) have been some of the focuses of temporary exhibitions. Still, the peaceful building—which was restored in 2009—is worth a 10-minute wander if you're in the neighborhood. Downstairs, the Farmacia La Estrella sells modern medicine and cosmetics from a perfectly preserved 19th-century shop.
- Address: Alsina 412, Plaza de Mayo, Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, C1087AAF | Map It
- Phone: 11/4331–9855
- Cost: 1 peso, free Mon. and Wed.
- Hours: Weekdays 11–7, weekends 10–8
- Website: www.museodelaciudad.buenosaires.gob.ar
- Subway: A to Plaza de Mayo, D to Catedral, E to Bolívar
- Location: Centro and Environs
View deals in Buenos Aires for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More