Reserva Ecológica Review
The 865-acre Ecological Reserve was built over a landfill, and is home to more than 500 species of birds and a variety of flora and fauna. On weekends thousands of porteños vie for a spot on the grass, so come midweek if you want to bird-watch and sunbathe in peace or use the jogging and cycling tracks. A monthly guided "Walking under the Full Moon" tour in Spanish begins at 7:30 pm April through October and at 8:30 pm November through March. Even if you don't speak Spanish it's still a great way to get back to nature at night; otherwise avoid the area after sunset. It's just a short walk from the south end of Puerto Madero.
- Address: Av. Tristán Achával Rodríguez 1550, Puerto Madero, Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, C1107ADZ | Map It
- Phone: 11/4315–4129; 11/4893–1853
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Apr.–Oct., Tues.–Sun. 8–6; Nov.–Mar., Tues.–Sun. 8–7; guided visits in Spanish weekends at 10:30 and 3:30.
- Website: www.buenosaires.gov.ar/areas/med_ambiente/reserva
- Location: Centro and Environs
View deals in Buenos Aires for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More