- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Buenos Aires
At a Glance
- fun and funky place
- it's ideal for meeting travelers from around the world
- close to all of San Telmo's nighttime offerings
- there's a sister location nearby at Avenida de Mayo 1245
- hygiene standards are sometimes below par
- no a/c
Check Rates from our Partners
Milhouse Hostel Review
This lovely and lively hostel goes the extra mile to make backpackers feel welcome, with pool tables, televisions, and concierge services. The house, which dates from the late 1800s, has been tricked out with funky artwork and accessories. Its three floors overlook a beautiful tiled patio, and all lead out to a sunny terrace, which the hostel skillfully uses to entertain guests regardless of their interests. Morning yoga classes may well be followed by rowdy beer-swilling asados (barbecues). The dorm rooms are clean and big, and most have private bathrooms. At night the surrounding streets can be dodgy, so take precautions.
- Address: Hipólito Yrigoyen 959, Centro, Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires 1086 | Map It
- Phone: 11/4345–9604; 11/4343–5038
- Website: www.milhousehostel.com
- Metro A to Piedras, C to Av. de Mayo.
- Location: Centro
- 13 private rooms, 150 beds total.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
Hopefully we will get a chance to post a more formal trip report later however I thought I'd post a few initial details. Read more
If you were in Mendoza, and wanted to then travel somewhere for approx. Read more
· News & Features
Uncovering the best Buenos Aires spots for culinary indulgence demands some well-vetted guidance.... Read more
Carmelo offers golden riverfront beaches, rich cultural offerings, an up-and-coming wine region, and more.... Read more
The options for taking on tango in Buenos Aires can be downright overwhelming, so we've done the legwork... Read more