- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- fun and funky place
- it's ideal for meeting travelers from around the world
- close to all of San Telmo's nighttime offerings
- there's a sister location nearby at Avenida de Mayo 1245
- hygiene standards are sometimes below par
- no a/c
Check Rates from our Partners
Milhouse Hostel Review
This lovely and lively hostel goes the extra mile to make backpackers feel welcome, with pool tables, televisions, and concierge services. The house, which dates from the late 1800s, has been tricked out with funky artwork and accessories. Its three floors overlook a beautiful tiled patio, and all lead out to a sunny terrace, which the hostel skillfully uses to entertain guests regardless of their interests. Morning yoga classes may well be followed by rowdy beer-swilling asados (barbecues). The dorm rooms are clean and big, and most have private bathrooms. At night the surrounding streets can be dodgy, so take precautions.
- Address: Hipólito Yrigoyen 959, Centro, Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires 1086 | Map It
- Phone: 11/4345–9604; 11/4343–5038
- Website: www.milhousehostel.com
- Metro A to Piedras, C to Av. de Mayo.
- Location: Centro
- 13 private rooms, 150 beds total.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Well my up to a year trip has begun.. I left Australia on Tuesday the 26th of November from Melbourne at 7pm . Flying with emirates, 4 flights later and 40 hours of travel and not much sleep I arrived i Read more
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
Namaste || Hola ! Read more
· News & Features
Carmelo offers golden riverfront beaches, rich cultural offerings, an up-and-coming wine region, and more.... Read more
The options for taking on tango in Buenos Aires can be downright overwhelming, so we've done the legwork... Read more
Choosing a destination for your honeymoon can prove nearly as challenging a task as finding "the one."... Read more