- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Buenos Aires
Museo de Arte Hispanoamericano Isaac Fernández Blanco (Isaac Fernández Blanco Hispanic-American Art Museum)
Museo de Arte Hispanoamericano Isaac Fernández Blanco (Isaac Fernández Blanco Hispanic-American Art Museum) Review
The distinctive Peruvian neocolonial-style Palacio Noel serves as the perfect backdrop for this colonial art and craft museum, which was originally built in 1920 as the residence of architect Martín Noel. He and museum founder Fernández Blanco donated most of the exquisite silver items, religious wood carvings, inlaid furnishings, and paintings from the Spanish colonial period that are on display. Guided tours in English can be arranged by calling ahead. Shaded benches in the lush walled gardens provide welcome respite for your feet, and the rustling leaves and birdcalls almost filter out the busy Retiro traffic noises. The museum is an easy five-block walk from Estación San Martín on Línea C: from there go west along Avenida Santa Fe and then turn right into Suipacha and continue four blocks.
- Address: Suipacha 1422, at Av. Libertador Retiro, Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires C1011ACF | Map It
- Phone: 11/4327–0228
- Cost: 1 pesos, free Thurs.
- Hours: Tues.–Fri. 2–7, weekends 11–7
- Website: www.museofernandezblanco.buenosaires.gob.ar
- Metro C to San Martín.
- Location: Centro and Environs
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hopefully we will get a chance to post a more formal trip report later however I thought I'd post a few initial details. Read more
Thank you to everyone who posted reports and answered my questions over the past year in planning this trip.
Our story: We are a mature, newly retired Canadian couple who are well travelled and spending Read more
I have recently bought a flight to Buenos Aires and am planning to visit south America for 3 months ( May 12th to August 4th ) wooo hooo!!!! . I have less than 2 months to plan the greates Read more
· News & Features
Uncovering the best Buenos Aires spots for culinary indulgence demands some well-vetted guidance. ... Read more
Carmelo offers golden riverfront beaches, rich cultural offerings, an up-and-coming wine region, and more.... Read more
The options for taking on tango in Buenos Aires can be downright overwhelming, so we've done the legwork... Read more