- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Museo de Arte Hispanoamericano Isaac Fernández Blanco (Isaac Fernández Blanco Hispanic-American Art Museum)
Museo de Arte Hispanoamericano Isaac Fernández Blanco (Isaac Fernández Blanco Hispanic-American Art Museum) Review
The distinctive Peruvian neocolonial-style Palacio Noel serves as the perfect backdrop for this colonial art and craft museum, which was originally built in 1920 as the residence of architect Martín Noel. He and museum founder Fernández Blanco donated most of the exquisite silver items, religious wood carvings, inlaid furnishings, and paintings from the Spanish colonial period that are on display. Guided tours in English can be arranged by calling ahead. Shaded benches in the lush walled gardens provide welcome respite for your feet, and the rustling leaves and birdcalls almost filter out the busy Retiro traffic noises. The museum is an easy five-block walk from Estación San Martín on Línea C: from there go west along Avenida Santa Fe and then turn right into Suipacha and continue four blocks.
- Address: Suipacha 1422, at Av. Libertador Retiro, Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires C1011ACF | Map It
- Phone: 11/4327–0228
- Cost: 1 pesos, free Thurs.
- Hours: Tues.–Fri. 2–7, weekends 11–7
- Website: www.museofernandezblanco.buenosaires.gob.ar
- Metro C to San Martín.
- Location: Centro and Environs
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Well my up to a year trip has begun.. I left Australia on Tuesday the 26th of November from Melbourne at 7pm . Flying with emirates, 4 flights later and 40 hours of travel and not much sleep I arrived i Read more
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
Hello, fellow Fodorites! Read more
· News & Features
Carmelo offers golden riverfront beaches, rich cultural offerings, an up-and-coming wine region, and more. ... Read more
The options for taking on tango in Buenos Aires can be downright overwhelming, so we've done the legwork... Read more
Choosing a destination for your honeymoon can prove nearly as challenging a task as finding "the one."... Read more