Yellowstone Historic Center
Yellowstone Historic Center Review
West Yellowstone's Union Pacific Depot, built in 1909, has been transformed into a museum dedicated to modes of travel—from stagecoaches to trains—used to get to Yellowstone before World War II. Films provide insight on topics such as the fire that devastated Yellowstone in 1988 and the way earthquakes affect the area's hydrothermal features.
- Address: 104 Yellowstone Ave., West Yellowstone, MT, 59758 | Map It
- Phone: 406/446-1100
- Cost: $6
- Hours: Mid-May--mid-June and mid-Sept.--Oct., daily 9--6; mid-June--mid-Sept., daily 9--9; mid-Nov.--mid-Apr., weekdays 10--3.
- Website: www.yellowstonehistoriccenter.org
- Location: Outside the Park
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $95.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Cody Hotwire
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at The Cody Fr $254+/Nt Expedia
- $26.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Cody Hotwire
- $126.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Cody — $126 Hotwire
- $24.95 & up : Compact rentals in Cody — $25 Hotwire
My family took a summer vacation late July/early August. Read more
(I started this last July just after we returned from our trip! Read more
Back from a wonderful trip to the Grand Teton National Park area, I wanted to share something of our rafting experience on the Snake River.
We booked with Barker-Ewing, and took the combination float/whitewate Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more