Yellowstone Historic Center
Yellowstone Historic Center Review
West Yellowstone's Union Pacific Depot, built in 1909, has been transformed into a museum dedicated to modes of travel—from stagecoaches to trains—used to get to Yellowstone before World War II. Films provide insight on topics such as the fire that devastated Yellowstone in 1988 and the way earthquakes affect the area's hydrothermal features.
- Address: 220 Yellowstone Ave., West Yellowstone, MT 59758 | Map It
- Phone: 406/646-7461
- Cost: $6
- Hours: Mid-May–mid-June and mid-Sept.–Oct., daily 9–6; mid-June–mid-Sept., daily 9–9; mid-Nov.–mid-Apr., weekdays 10–3.
- Website: www.yellowstonehistoriccenter.org
- Location: Outside the Park
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Trip summary: My wife and I are both in our early sixties. Read more
Much more than a great day hike.
August 16, 2013. Kyle McKenzie and Roger Roots, both of Montana. Patrick Murphy joined us on the trip down from Montana, but Patrick had to do some work in Jackson so he Read more
We are an Australian family (Mom, Dad and 20 year old Daughter) planning a trip to North America (July / August). Read more
· News & Features
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new ... Read more
Intergalactic photos of unbelievably beautiful star formations and swirling clouds above Earth's surface... Read more
The week after Thanksgiving means it's time to kick your planning mode into high gear.... Read more