Pahaska Tepee Resort
At a Glance
- historic property
- on a scenic highway
- few services between Cody and Fishing Bridge
Pahaska Tepee Resort Review
Just 2 miles from Yellowstone's East Entrance, these cabins in a pine forest are a good base for destinations both inside and outside the park. This was Buffalo Bill's original getaway in the high country and is a National Historic Landmark. The cabins, some of which stand alone and some of which are grouped together, have two to three beds, and there is a reunion lodge that sleeps up to 22. A trailhead for an extensive cross-country-ski-trail network is at Pahaska, as are a gas station and a place for horseback rides.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Trip summary: My wife and I are both in our early sixties. Read more
Much more than a great day hike.
August 16, 2013. Kyle McKenzie and Roger Roots, both of Montana. Patrick Murphy joined us on the trip down from Montana, but Patrick had to do some work in Jackson so he Read more
We are an Australian family (Mom, Dad and 20 year old Daughter) planning a trip to North America (July / August). Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more