Compass American Guides: Wyoming, 5th Edition
Old Faithful Inn Dining Room
Old Faithful Inn Dining Room Review
The Old Faithful Inn's original dining room—designed by Robert Reamer in 1903 and expanded by him in 1927—has lodgepole-pine walls and ceiling beams and a giant volcanic rock fireplace. Note the whimsical etched-glass panels that separate the dining room from the Bear Pit Lounge; the images of partying animals were commissioned by Reamer in 1933 to celebrate the end of Prohibition. A dinner buffet offers quantity over quality, so you're better off choosing from nearly a dozen entrées on the à la carte menu, including grilled salmon, prime rib, and bison rib eye. Expect at least one vegetarian entrée. Save room for a signature dessert such as the Caldera, a chocolate-truffle torte with a molten middle. The park's most extensive wine list offers more than 50 choices. For breakfast, there's a buffet as well as individual entrées.
- Address: Take first left off Old Faithful Bypass Rd., Old Faithful Village, Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190 | Map It
- Phone: 307/344–7311; 866/439–7375
- Website: www.yellowstonenationalparklodges.com/dining/old-faithful/
- Location: Yellowstone National Park
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed late Oct.–early May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I'm taking my married daughter and granddaughter to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons for 6 days in late July.
Other than bison (I know where they are) I'm looking for places that are frequented by the othe Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more