Old Faithful Inn Dining Room
Old Faithful Inn Dining Room Review
The Old Faithful Inn's original dining room—designed by Robert Reamer in 1903 and expanded by him in 1927—has lodgepole-pine walls and ceiling beams and a giant volcanic rock fireplace. Note the whimsical etched-glass panels that separate the dining room from the Bear Pit Lounge; the images of partying animals were commissioned by Reamer in 1933 to celebrate the end of Prohibition. A dinner buffet offers quantity over quality, so you're better off choosing from nearly a dozen entrées on the à la carte menu, including grilled salmon, prime rib, and bison rib eye. Expect at least one vegetarian entrée. Save room for a signature dessert such as the Caldera, a chocolate-truffle torte with a molten middle. The park's most extensive wine list offers more than 50 choices. For breakfast, there's a buffet as well as individual entrées.
- Address: Take first left off Old Faithful Bypass Rd., Old Faithful Village, Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190 | Map It
- Phone: 307/344–7311; 866/439–7375
- Website: www.yellowstonenationalparklodges.com/dining/old-faithful/
- Location: Yellowstone National Park
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed late Oct.–early May.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Trip summary: My wife and I are both in our early sixties. Read more
Much more than a great day hike.
August 16, 2013. Kyle McKenzie and Roger Roots, both of Montana. Patrick Murphy joined us on the trip down from Montana, but Patrick had to do some work in Jackson so he Read more
We are an Australian family (Mom, Dad and 20 year old Daughter) planning a trip to North America (July / August). Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a ... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more