Mammoth Hot Springs Dining Room
Mammoth Hot Springs Dining Room Review
A wall of windows overlooks an expanse of green that was once a military parade and drill field at Mammoth Hot Springs. While you enjoy breakfast, lunch, or dinner you may catch a glimpse of elk grazing on the lawn. The art deco–style restaurant, decorated in shades of gray, green, and burgundy, has an airy feel with its bentwood chairs. Montana beef, bison, and fish are featured, and there is always at least one vegetarian dish. A small-plate menu is right for lighter appetites. Dinner reservations are not taken in summer, but are essential in winter.
- Address: 5 miles south of North Entrance, Mammoth Hot Springs, Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190 | Map It
- Phone: 307/344–7311; 866/439–7375
- Website: www.yellowstonenationalparklodges.com/dining
- Location: Yellowstone National Park
- Reservations not accepted.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Oct.–mid-Dec. and mid-Mar.–mid-May.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Trip summary: My wife and I are both in our early sixties. Read more
Much more than a great day hike.
August 16, 2013. Kyle McKenzie and Roger Roots, both of Montana. Patrick Murphy joined us on the trip down from Montana, but Patrick had to do some work in Jackson so he Read more
We are an Australian family (Mom, Dad and 20 year old Daughter) planning a trip to North America (July / August). Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a ... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more