Compass American Guides: Wyoming, 5th Edition
Mammoth Hot Springs Dining Room
Mammoth Hot Springs Dining Room Review
A wall of windows overlooks an expanse of green that was once a military parade and drill field at Mammoth Hot Springs. While you enjoy breakfast, lunch, or dinner you may catch a glimpse of elk grazing on the lawn. The art deco–style restaurant, decorated in shades of gray, green, and burgundy, has an airy feel with its bentwood chairs. Montana beef, bison, and fish are featured, and there is always at least one vegetarian dish. A small-plate menu is right for lighter appetites. Dinner reservations are not taken in summer, but are essential in winter.
- Address: 5 miles south of North Entrance, Mammoth Hot Springs, Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190 | Map It
- Phone: 307/344–7311; 866/439–7375
- Website: www.yellowstonenationalparklodges.com/dining
- Location: Yellowstone National Park
- Reservations not accepted.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Oct.–mid-Dec. and mid-Mar.–mid-May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I am planning a trip to Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton NPs for myself, my sister, and my mom and dad (mid-60s - good-spirited and up for adventure, but not really into hikes so we Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss ... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more