Lake Yellowstone Hotel
At a Glance
- relaxing atmosphere
- the best views of any park lodging
- the park's most expensive property
- expensive restaurant
- not particularly kid-friendly
Lake Yellowstone Hotel Review
Dating from 1891, the park's oldest lodge has maintained an air of refinement that Old Faithful Inn can't muster because of its constant visits from tour buses. Just off the lobby, a spacious sunroom offers priceless views of Yellowstone Lake at sunrise or sunset. It's also a great place to play cards, catch up on a newspaper, or just soak in the grandeur of a National Historic Landmark. Note the tiled fireplace, the etched windows of the gift shop, and the beautiful bay windows. Rooms have white wicker furnishings, which give them a light, airy feel; some have views of the water. The least expensive rooms are in an annex, not the original building.
- Address: Lake Village Rd., about 1 mi south of Fishing Bridge, Lake Village, Yellowstone National Park, WY, 82190 | Map It
- Phone: 307/344-7901
- Website: www.yellowstonenationalparklodges.com
- Location: Yellowstone National Park
- 194 rooms.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed early Oct.--mid-May.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $126.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Cody Hotwire
- Book in Cody: Save this May Fr $181+/Nt Save with Expedia, $19/night less
- $26.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Cody Hotwire
- Super Low Cody Rate: Book Fr $146+/Nt — $146 Hotels.com
- $24.95 & up : Compact rentals in Cody — $25 Hotwire
My family took a summer vacation late July/early August. Read more
(I started this last July just after we returned from our trip! Read more
I was in Yellowstone a few years ago. Read more
· News & Features
Wineries have a very obvious main draw. ... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more
It happens all the time: you're just stopping in to grab one thing and the next thing you know, you've... Read more