Compass American Guides: Wyoming, 5th Edition
Lake Yellowstone Hotel
At a Glance
- relaxing atmosphere
- the best views of any park lodging
- the park's most expensive property
- expensive restaurant
- not particularly kid-friendly
Check Rates from our Partners
Lake Yellowstone Hotel Review
Dating from 1891, the park's oldest lodge has maintained an air of refinement that Old Faithful Inn can't muster because of its constant visits from tour buses. Just off the lobby, a spacious sunroom offers priceless views of Yellowstone Lake at sunrise or sunset. It's also a great place to play cards, catch up on a newspaper, or just soak in the grandeur of a National Historic Landmark. Note the tiled fireplace, the etched windows of the gift shop, and the beautiful bay windows. Rooms have white wicker furnishings, which give them a light, airy feel; some have views of the water. The least expensive rooms are in an annex, not the original building.
- Address: 1 Grand Loop Rd., about 1 mile south of Fishing Bridge Lake Village, Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190 | Map It
- Phone: 307/344–7311; 866/439-7375
- Website: www.yellowstonenationalparklodges.com
- Location: Yellowstone National Park
- 194 rooms.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed early Oct.–mid-May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
New to the forums, but looks like it's a great place to get info from fellow travellers willing to help share their experiences. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more