Lake Yellowstone Hotel
At a Glance
- relaxing atmosphere
- the best views of any park lodging
- the park's most expensive property
- expensive restaurant
- not particularly kid-friendly
Lake Yellowstone Hotel Review
Dating from 1891, the park's oldest lodge has maintained an air of refinement that Old Faithful Inn can't muster because of its constant visits from tour buses. Just off the lobby, a spacious sunroom offers priceless views of Yellowstone Lake at sunrise or sunset. It's also a great place to play cards, catch up on a newspaper, or just soak in the grandeur of a National Historic Landmark. Note the tiled fireplace, the etched windows of the gift shop, and the beautiful bay windows. Rooms have white wicker furnishings, which give them a light, airy feel; some have views of the water. The least expensive rooms are in an annex, not the original building.
- Address: 1 Grand Loop Rd., about 1 mile south of Fishing Bridge Lake Village, Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190 | Map It
- Phone: 307/344–7311; 866/439-7375
- Website: www.yellowstonenationalparklodges.com
- Location: Yellowstone National Park
- 194 rooms.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed early Oct.–mid-May.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Trip summary: My wife and I are both in our early sixties. Read more
Much more than a great day hike.
August 16, 2013. Kyle McKenzie and Roger Roots, both of Montana. Patrick Murphy joined us on the trip down from Montana, but Patrick had to do some work in Jackson so he Read more
We are an Australian family (Mom, Dad and 20 year old Daughter) planning a trip to North America (July / August). Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more