Compass American Guides: Wyoming, 5th Edition
Morning Glory Pool
Morning Glory Pool Review
Shaped somewhat like a morning glory, this pool once was a deep blue, but the color is no longer as striking due to tourists dropping coins and other debris into the hole. To reach the pool, follow the boardwalk past Geyser Hill Loop and stately Castle Geyser, which has the biggest cone in Yellowstone. Morning Glory is the inspiration for popular children's author Jan Brett's story Hedgie Blasts Off, in which a hedgehog goes to another planet to unclog a geyser damaged by space tourists' debris.
- Address: At the north end of Upper Geyser Basin at Old Faithful, Yellowstone National Park, WY
- Location: Yellowstone National Park
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hey! Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more