Compass American Guides: Wyoming, 5th Edition
Lake Overlook Review
From this hilltop northwest of West Thumb and Grant Village you get an expansive view of the southwest portion of Yellowstone. You reach the promontory by taking a 1½-mi hiking trail through forest still recovering from the massive fires of 1988; the clearing caused by the fire makes this a prime area for sighting elk.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hey! Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more