Compass American Guides: Wyoming, 5th Edition
Lookout Point Review
Midway on the North Rim Trail—or accessible via the one-way North Rim Drive—Lookout Point gives you a view of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. Follow the right-hand fork in the path to descend a steep trail (approximately 500-foot elevation change) for an "eye-to-eye" view of the falls from a half mile downstream. The best time to hike the trail is early morning, when sunlight reflects off the mist from the falls to create a rainbow.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I am planning a trip to Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton NPs for myself, my sister, and my mom and dad (mid-60s - good-spirited and up for adventure, but not really into hikes so we Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more