Compass American Guides: Wyoming, 5th Edition
Fishing Bridge Visitor Center
Fishing Bridge Visitor Center Review
This distinctive stone-and-log building, built in 1931, has been designated a National Historic Landmark. If you can't distinguish between a Clark's nut hatch and an ermine (hint: one's a bird, the other a weasel), check out the extensive exhibits on the park's smaller wildlife. Step out the back door to find yourself on one of the beautiful black obsidian beaches of Yellowstone Lake. Adjacent is one of the park's larger amphitheaters, and it features ranger presentations nightly in summer. The bookstore here features books, guides, and other educational materials, but you can't buy coffee.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hey! Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more