Compass American Guides: Wyoming, 5th Edition
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel and Cabins
At a Glance
- great rates for a historic property
- wake up to an elk bugling outside your window
- many hotel rooms and cabins lack private bathrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel and Cabins Review
Built in 1937, this lodge has a spacious art-deco lobby. Rooms are smaller and simpler than those at the park's other historic hotels, but the Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel is less expensive and usually less crowded. In summer the rooms can get hot, but you can open the windows to catch a breeze. More than half the rooms do not have their own bathrooms; shared facilities are down the hall. Set amid lush lawns, the cabins are among the nicest inside the park, and some have hot tubs. This is one of the few lodging facilities open in winter.
- Address: Mammoth Hot Springs, Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190 | Map It
- Phone: 307/344–7311; 866/439-7375
- Website: www.yellowstonenationalparklodges.com
- Location: Yellowstone National Park
- 97 rooms, 67 with bath; 2 suites; 115 cabins, 76 with bath.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed early Oct.–late-Dec. and mid-Mar.–early May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I'm taking my married daughter and granddaughter to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons for 6 days in late July.
Other than bison (I know where they are) I'm looking for places that are frequented by the othe Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more