Compass American Guides: Wyoming, 5th Edition
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel and Cabins
At a Glance
- great rates for a historic property
- wake up to an elk bugling outside your window
- many hotel rooms and cabins lack private bathrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel and Cabins Review
Built in 1937, this lodge has a spacious art-deco lobby. Rooms are smaller and simpler than those at the park's other historic hotels, but the Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel is less expensive and usually less crowded. In summer the rooms can get hot, but you can open the windows to catch a breeze. More than half the rooms do not have their own bathrooms; shared facilities are down the hall. Set amid lush lawns, the cabins are among the nicest inside the park, and some have hot tubs. This is one of the few lodging facilities open in winter.
- Address: Mammoth Hot Springs, Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190 | Map It
- Phone: 307/344–7311; 866/439-7375
- Website: www.yellowstonenationalparklodges.com
- Location: Yellowstone National Park
- 97 rooms, 67 with bath; 2 suites; 115 cabins, 76 with bath.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed early Oct.–late-Dec. and mid-Mar.–early May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are wanting to plan a trip in the summer of 2015. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more