Compass American Guides: Wyoming, 5th Edition
At a Glance
- private baths
- too much asphalt
- too many neighbors
- no central lobby area
Check Rates from our Partners
Canyon Cabins Review
Unattractive and unassuming, these pine-frame cabins are arranged in clusters of four, six, and eight. All have private bathrooms, and the fancier ones also have knotty-pine bed frames and other nice touches. Travelers pick this place based on its location—in the heart of the park less than 30 minutes away from Lamar Valley, Hayden Valley, and Yellowstone Lake. You can park close to your cabin door, so you don't have far to schlep your luggage. A trail takes you to a scenic overlook—it's through bear country, so make a lot of noise and carry bear spray. Three restaurants and a bar are nearby.
- Address: North Rim Dr. at Grand Loop Rd., Canyon Village, Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190 | Map It
- Phone: 307/344–7311; 866/439-7375
- Website: www.yellowstonenationalparklodges.com
- Location: Yellowstone National Park
- 428 cabins.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Sept.–late May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are taking a driving "guys (three of us - all over 60) road trip" from California to Little Bighorn Battlefield which appears to be about an hours drive from Billings, Montana. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more