At a Glance
- private baths
- too much asphalt
- too many neighbors
- no central lobby area
Canyon Cabins Review
Unattractive and unassuming, these pine-frame cabins are arranged in clusters of four, six, and eight. All have private bathrooms, and the fancier ones also have knotty-pine bed frames and other nice touches. Travelers pick this place based on its location—in the heart of the park less than 30 minutes away from Lamar Valley, Hayden Valley, and Yellowstone Lake. You can park close to your cabin door, so you don't have far to schlep your luggage. A trail takes you to a scenic overlook—it's through bear country, so make a lot of noise and carry bear spray. Three restaurants and a bar are nearby.
- Address: North Rim Dr. at Grand Loop Rd., Canyon Village, Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190 | Map It
- Phone: 307/344–7311; 866/439-7375
- Website: www.yellowstonenationalparklodges.com
- Location: Yellowstone National Park
- 428 cabins.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Sept.–late May.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Trip summary: My wife and I are both in our early sixties. Read more
Much more than a great day hike.
August 16, 2013. Kyle McKenzie and Roger Roots, both of Montana. Patrick Murphy joined us on the trip down from Montana, but Patrick had to do some work in Jackson so he Read more
We are an Australian family (Mom, Dad and 20 year old Daughter) planning a trip to North America (July / August). Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more