Compass American Guides: Wyoming, 5th Edition
At a Glance
- private baths
- too much asphalt
- too many neighbors
- no central lobby area
Check Rates from our Partners
Canyon Cabins Review
Unattractive and unassuming, these pine-frame cabins are arranged in clusters of four, six, and eight. All have private bathrooms, and the fancier ones also have knotty-pine bed frames and other nice touches. Travelers pick this place based on its location—in the heart of the park less than 30 minutes away from Lamar Valley, Hayden Valley, and Yellowstone Lake. You can park close to your cabin door, so you don't have far to schlep your luggage. A trail takes you to a scenic overlook—it's through bear country, so make a lot of noise and carry bear spray. Three restaurants and a bar are nearby.
- Address: North Rim Dr. at Grand Loop Rd., Canyon Village, Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190 | Map It
- Phone: 307/344–7311; 866/439-7375
- Website: www.yellowstonenationalparklodges.com
- Location: Yellowstone National Park
- 428 cabins.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Sept.–late May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
New to the forums, but looks like it's a great place to get info from fellow travellers willing to help share their experiences. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more