At a Glance
- private baths
- too much asphalt
- too many neighbors
- no central lobby area
Canyon Cabins Review
Unattractive and unassuming, these pine-frame cabins are arranged in clusters of four, six, and eight. All have private bathrooms, and the fancier ones also have knotty-pine bed frames and other nice touches. Travelers pick this place based on its location—in the heart of the park less than 30 minutes away from Lamar Valley, Hayden Valley, and Yellowstone Lake. You can park close to your cabin door, so you don't have far to schlep your luggage. A trail takes you to a scenic overlook—it's through bear country, so make a lot of noise and carry bear spray. Three restaurants and a bar are nearby.
- Address: North Rim Dr. at Grand Loop Rd., Canyon Village, Yellowstone National Park, WY, 82190 | Map It
- Phone: 307/344-7901
- Website: www.yellowstonenationalparklodges.com
- Location: Yellowstone National Park
- 428 cabins.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Sept.--late May.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $95.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Cody Hotwire
- Save $$ in Cody: Book Fr $146+/Nt Hotels.com
- $24.95 & up : Compact rentals in Cody Hotwire
- $126.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Cody — $126 Hotwire
- $34.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Cody — $35 Hotwire
My family took a summer vacation late July/early August. Read more
(I started this last July just after we returned from our trip! Read more
I may be able to take my daughter and then 7 1/2 year old granddaughter to Yellowstone next summer (2014).
I'm looking for hikes / activities in the OF, Canyon and Signal Mtn areas appropriate for a 7 Read more
· News & Features
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the ... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Steinbeck said it well—no matter how many plans you make, its the destination that scoops you up... Read more