Yellowstone National Park Feature
The Yellowstone Story, by Aubrey L. Haines, is a classic.
Yellowstone Place Names, by Lee Whittlesey, tells the stories behind the names of many park destinations.
Yellowstone: The Official Guide to Touring America's First National Park, published by Yellowstone Association, is a magazine-sized, full-color, glossy 80-page "yearbook."
Decade of the Wolf, by Douglas Smith, is the most comprehensive and gripping account of the reintroduction of wolves into the park in the 1990s.
Yellowstone Trails, A Hiking Guide, by Mark C. Marschall, will help you navigate the shortest and longest trails in the park.
Lost In My Own Backyard, by Tim Cahill, is a hilarious account of one person's experience in the park.
Explaining the park's geological processes are William R. Keefer's The Geologic Story of Yellowstone National Park and Robert B. Smith and Lee J. Siegel'sWindows into the Earth: The Geologic Story of Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks.
Alston Chase's controversial Playing God in Yellowstone chronicles a century of government mismanagement.
Three other excellent titles are:
Roadside History of Yellowstone Park, by Winfred Blevins
Roadside Geology of the Yellowstone Country, by William J. Fritz
Yellowstone Ecology: A Road Guide, by Sharon Eversman and Mary Carr.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's