Swimming in Yellowstone National Park
Numerous waterways delight kids; however, unless you come during July and August, you'll likely want to forego swimming due to the extremely cold water. Streams and lakes seldom have a chance to warm up in this climate, where nights can be subfreezing, even in summer. Boiling River and Firehole Canyon Drive are the only two spots in the park where visitors can sample waters warmed by geothermal activity.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's