- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There are numerous campgrounds within Grand Teton National Park and Bridger-Teton, Shoshone, and Caribou-Targhee national forests. (Caribou-Targhee National Forest borders Grand Teton National Park on the west; most of the forest lies within Idaho.) Few of these campgrounds accept reservations. Campgrounds in the national forests tend to fill up more slowly than those in Grand Teton.
Reservations can be made for a small number of national-forest campgrounds near Jackson through U.S. Forest Reservations.
Bridger-Teton National Forest. 307/739-5500.
Caribou-Targhee National Forest. 208/524-7500.
Grand Teton National Park. 307/739-3300.
U.S. Forest Service Recreation Reservations. 877/444-6777.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe