- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
American, Delta, SkyWest, and United Airlines/United Express provide multiple flights to Jackson daily, with connections in Chicago, Denver, and Salt Lake City. Scheduled jet service increases during the ski season. United and Great Lakes Airlines fly between Denver and Riverton.
The major airports in the region are Jackson Hole Airport, about 10 mi north of Jackson in Grand Teton National Park and nearly 50 mi south of Yellowstone National Park, and Riverton Regional Airport in Riverton, which is 30 mi northeast of Lander and about 76 mi southeast of Dubois.
Many lodgings have free shuttle-bus service to and from Jackson Hole Airport. Alltrans is the primary shuttle serving the Jackson Hole Airport, in addition to several taxi companies. If you're coming into the area from the Salt Lake City airport, you can travel to Jackson and back on a Jackson Hole Express shuttle for about $150 round-trip—even less from the airport in Pocatello or Idaho Falls.
American Airlines. 800/433-7300. www.aa.com.
Delta. 800/221-1212. www.delta.com.
Great Lakes Airlines. 307/587-7683 or 800/554-5111. www.greatlakesav.com.
United Airlines/United Express. 800/241-6522. www.united.com.
Jackson Hole Airport. 1250 E. Airport Rd., Jackson Hole, WY, 83012. 307/733-7682.
Riverton Regional Airport. 4800 Airport Rd., Riverton, WY, 82501. 307/856-1307. www.flyriverton.com.
Alltrans. 307/733-3135 or 800/443-6133.
Jackson Hole Express. 307/733-1719 or 800/652-9510.
Superior Ride. 307/690-8005.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe