- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A southern gateway to Jackson Hole, Pinedale has much to offer on its own, for the spirit of the mountain man lives on here. Fur trappers found the icy streams of the Green River watershed to be among the best places to capture beaver. In the mid-1800s they gathered on the river near what is now Pinedale for seven annual rendezvous. Now the Museum of the Mountain Man preserves their heritage, and modern-day buckskinners continue to meet in the area each summer.
Pinedale at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Jackson Hole and Northwest Wyoming
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's