- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Lander stretches out along U.S. 287 (Main Street, in town) with a few blocks of pedestrian-friendly downtown and a handful of other restaurants, shops, and attractions best reached by car on the north edge of the city. The Wind River Transportation Authority (800/439-7118www.wrtabuslines.com) runs weekday buses between and around Lander, Riverton, and Fort Washakie for a $1 fare. You can also call about shuttles from Jackson to Lander, which run on a somewhat arbitrary schedule throughout the year. Coming from Jackson or Pinedale involves going over South Pass, which may have snow into early summer.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's