- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Allen's Diamond Four Ranch, the highest-altitude dude ranch in Wyoming, arranges mountain horse-pack trips, big-game hunts, and guided fishing and other horseback excursions. Some trips originate at the ranch, where you stay in cabins and take day rides; others are overnight backcountry adventures. Children must be seven or eight years old to go on extended pack trips. Also available are drop-camp services. No pets are allowed. Call or check the Web site for directions. Off U.S. 287, 35 mi northwest of Lander, Lander, WY, 82520. 307/332-2995 or 307/349-6784. www.diamond4ranch.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Horseback Riding
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe