- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There's great fishing on the Wind River Indian Reservation, but you must first obtain a tribal license; contact Shoshone and Arapaho Tribes for more information. Fish and Game Dept., Box 217, Fort Washakie, WY, 82514. 307/332-7207. www.wrfishandgame.com.
At Sweetwater Fishing Expeditions, George Hunker, a former Orvis guide of the year, and his crew lead small guided horseback and backpacking camping trips into the Wind River Mountains as well as day trips along smaller streams. Lander, WY. 307/332-3986. www.sweetwaterfishing.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's