- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Jack Dennis Sports sells and rents skis and snowboards, plus outdoor gear for any season. Ski rental costs $27 to $49; snowboard and boot rental costs $27–$36. Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Jackson, WY, 83025. 307/733–6838. www.jackdennis.com.
Snow King Resort, at the western edge of Jackson, has 400 acres of ski runs for daytime use and 110 acres suitable for night skiing, plus an extensive snowmaking system on Snow King Mountain. You'll also find a snow-tubing park. In summer there's a 2,500-foot alpine slide and miles of biking and hiking paths, all the way to the mountaintop. For $12 and under a person, you can also ride the scenic chairlift to the top and back. Or you can stop off at the summit, which is 7,808 feet above sea level, for a picnic and feast on the stunning 50-mi view of Jackson. From up here, on a clear day, you can see over the neighboring buttes and count the clouds passing around the Tetons. 400 E. Snow King Ave., Jackson, WY, 83001. 307/733–5200 or 800/522–5464. www.snowkingmountain.com.
Spring Creek Ranch offers lessons and use of its groomed cross-country trails for a fee. 1800 Spirit Dance Rd., Jackson, WY, 83001. 307/733–8833 or 800/443–6139.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's