- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The trip up to Lower Slide Lake, north of town, is a favorite of cyclists. Turn east off U.S. 26/89/191 to Kelly, and then follow Slide Lake Road. Jackson, WY.
Cyclists ride the Spring Gulch Road, part pavement, part dirt, off Route 22, along the base of Gros Ventre Butte, rejoining U.S. 26/89/191 near the Gros Ventre River. Jackson, WY.
Bike rentals for all skill levels and age groups are available at Edge Sports; the company also does on-site repairs. 490 W. Broadway, Jackson, WY, 83002. 307/734-3916.
You can rent a mountain bike to explore on your own or take a tour at Hoback Sports. General tours are geared to intermediate and advanced riders, but Hoback can also custom-design a tour to suit your abilities and interests. The store also sells bike, ski, skate, and snowboard apparel and equipment. 520 W. Broadway, Jackson, WY, 83002. 307/733-5335.
Mountain bikers of all skill levels can take guided half-, full-, or multiday tours with Teton Mountain Bike Tours into both Grand Teton and Yellowstone national parks, as well as to the Bridger-Teton and Caribou-Targhee national forests and throughout Jackson Hole. 307/733–0712 or 800/733–0788. www.wybike.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe