- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
An average of 500 inches of powdery "white gold" attracts skiers to Grand Targhee Ski and Summer Resort, with 3,000 acres, 1,000 of which are dedicated to powder Sno-Cat skiing and 15 km (9 mi) to cross-country trails. 'Boarders have two trick terrain parks and lots of freestyle areas with rails and mailboxes to tear it up. There are four lifts and one rope tow, and the vertical drop is 2,419 feet. Lift tickets are about $70 per day; Nordic trail permits are $10. Classes by expert instructors are also available. Lifts operate 9–4 daily. 3300 E. Ski Hill Rd., Alta, WY, 83414. 307/353–2300 or 800/827–4433. www.grandtarghee.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's