- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dornan's Chuck Wagon
Dornan's Chuck Wagon Review
Hearty portions of beef, beans, potatoes, short ribs, stew, and lemonade or hot coffee are the dinner standbys at Dornan's. Locals know this spot for the barbecue cooked over wood fires. At breakfast, count on old-fashioned staples such as sourdough pancakes or biscuits and gravy. You can eat your chuck-wagon meal inside one of the restaurant's teepees if it happens to be raining or windy; otherwise, sit at outdoor picnic tables with views of the Snake River and the Tetons. The quick service and inexpensive prices make this a good choice for families.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Trip summary: My wife and I are both in our early sixties. Read more
Much more than a great day hike.
August 16, 2013. Kyle McKenzie and Roger Roots, both of Montana. Patrick Murphy joined us on the trip down from Montana, but Patrick had to do some work in Jackson so he Read more
We are an Australian family (Mom, Dad and 20 year old Daughter) planning a trip to North America (July / August). Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more