Grand Teton National Park Feature
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Grand Teton National Park
Heavenward hikes: Trek where grizzled frontiersmen roamed. Jackson Hole got its name from mountain man David Jackson; now there are dozens of trails for you to explore.
Wildlife big and small: Keep an eye out for little fellows like short-tailed weasels and beaver, as well as bison, elk, wolves, and both black and grizzly bears.
Waves to make: Float the Snake River or take a canoe onto Jackson Lake or Jenny Lake.
Homesteader history: Visit the 1890s barns and ranch buildings of Mormon Row or Menor's Ferry.
Rare bird-watching: Raise the binoculars—or just your head—to see more than 300 species of birds, including trumpeter swans, bald eagles, and osprey.
Trout trophies: Grab your rod and slither over to the Snake River, where cutthroat trout are an angler's delight.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's