Fishing in Grand Teton National Park
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Rainbow, brook, lake, and native cutthroat trout inhabit the park's waters. The Snake's 75 mi of river and tributary are world-renowned for their fishing. To fish in Grand Teton National Park, you need a Wyoming fishing license. A day permit for nonresidents is $10, and an annual permit is $65 plus a $10 conservation stamp; for state residents a license costs $15 per season plus $10 for a conservation stamp. Children under age 14 can fish free with an adult who has a license.
Wyoming Game and Fish Department. Buy a fishing license at Colter Bay Marina, Moose Village Store, Signal Mountain Lodge, and at area sporting-goods stores, where you also can get solid information on good fishing spots and the best flies or lures to use. Or get one directly from the Wyoming Game and Fish Department. 420 N. Cache St., Jackson, WY, 83001. 307/733-2321. gf.state.wy.us.
Outfitters and Expeditions
Grand Teton Lodge Company. The park's major concessionaire, Grand Teton Lodge Company, operates guided fishing trips on Jackson Lake and guided fly-fishing trips on the Snake River. Make reservations at the activities desks at Colter Bay Village or Jackson Lake Lodge, where trips originate. Colter Bay Marina or Jackson Lake Lodge, Grand Teton National Park, WY, 83013. 307/543-3100 or 800/628-9988. www.gtlc.com. $160-$450. June-Sept.
Signal Mountain Lodge. Hourly and half-day Jackson Lake guided fishing trips depart from the marina at Signal Mountain Lodge. Equipment and tackle are included in the price. Teton Park Rd., 3 mi south of Jackson Lake Junction, Grand Teton National Park, WY, 83013. 307/543-2831. www.signalmountainlodge.com. $80. Mid-May-late Sept.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $109 & up -- Anaheim Hotel across from Disney, 45% Off BookIt.com
- $104 & up -- South San Francisco Bay Hotel w/Parking & Wi-Fi BookIt.com
- $45 & up -- Florida's Gulf Coast: Deals up to 55% Off The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel
- $749 -- Weeklong Glacier Cruise on Norwegian, Save $210 CruisesOnly
- $19.99 per day -- Rent a Chevrolet Cruze in Seattle Sixt Rent a Car