Climbing in Grand Teton National Park
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Teton Range has some of the nation's most diverse general mountaineering. Excellent rock, snow, and ice routes abound for climbers of all experience levels. Unless you're already a pro, it's recommended that you take a course from one of the area's climbing schools before tackling the tough terrain.
Outfitters and Expeditions
Exum Mountain Guides. Exum Mountain Guides leads a variety of climbing experiences, including one-day mountain climbs and backcountry adventures on skis and snowboards. Grand Teton National Park, WY, 83012. 307/733-2297. www.exumguides.com. 1-day climbs $255-$395.
Jackson Hole Mountain Guides. Jackson Hole Mountain Guides instructs beginning to advanced climbers. Grand Teton National Park, WY, 83002. 307/733-4979 or 800/239-7642. www.jhmg.com. 1-day guided climbs $250-$400.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $116* & up -- Last-Minute Las Vegas Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $129 & up -- New Orleans 4-Star Hotel on Bourbon Street BookIt.com
- $149 & up -- 5-Diamond Venetian Resort w/Extras, Save 50% BookIt.com
- $675 & up -- Sheraton Kauai: 3-Nt. Vacation w/Car Rental Pleasant Holidays
- $419 & up -- Last Minute: 4-Night Bahamas & Key West Cruise Royal Caribbean