Climbing in Grand Teton National Park
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Teton Range has some of the nation's most diverse general mountaineering. Excellent rock, snow, and ice routes abound for climbers of all experience levels. Unless you're already a pro, it's recommended that you take a course from one of the area's climbing schools before tackling the tough terrain.
Outfitters and Expeditions
Exum Mountain Guides. The oldest guide service in North America leads a variety of climbing experiences, including one-day mountain climbs, weeklong clinics culminating with a two-day ascent of the Grand Teton, and backcountry adventures on skis and snowboards. Grand Teton National Park, WY, 83012. 307/733–2297. www.exumguides.com. One-day climbs $255–$395.
Jackson Hole Mountain Guides. Jackson Hole Mountain Guides instructs beginning to advanced climbers. Grand Teton National Park, WY, 83002. 307/733–4979 or 800/239–7642. www.jhmg.com. 1-day guided climbs $250–$400.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe