Grand Teton National Park Travel Guide
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Your jaw will probably drop the first time you see the Teton Range jabbing up from the Jackson Hole valley floor. With no foothills to get in the way, you'll have a close-up, unimpeded view of magnificent, jagged, snowcapped peaks. This massif is long on natural beauty. Before your eyes, mountain glaciers creep imperceptibly down 12,605-foot Mt. Moran. Large and small lakes gleam along the range's base. Many of the West's iconic animals (elk, bears, bald eagles) call this park home.
The choice of lodging properties within the park is as diverse as the landscape itself. Here you'll find simple campgrounds, cabins, and basic motel rooms...read more
Though the park itself has some excellent restaurants, don't miss dining in Jackson, where restaurants combine game, fowl, and fish with the enticing spices...read more
Things To Do in Grand Teton National Park
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $75 -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort incl. Bowling Captain's Quarters
- $98 & up -- Two-Bedroom Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Condo SeaSide
- $675 & up -- Sheraton Kauai: 3-Nt. Vacation w/Car Rental Pleasant Holidays
- $419 & up -- Last Minute: 4-Night Bahamas & Key West Cruise Royal Caribbean
Heavenward hikes: Trek where grizzled frontiersmen roamed. Jackson Hole got its name from mountain man David Jackson; now there are dozens of... Read more
Grand Teton Natural History Association. You can purchase excellent park-related books at Grand Teton visitor center bookstores, run by the Grand... Read more
Grand Teton's short growing season and arid climate create a complex ecosystem and hardy plant species. The dominant elements are big sagebrush... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My family took a summer vacation late July/early August. Read more
(I started this last July just after we returned from our trip! Read more
Back from a wonderful trip to the Grand Teton National Park area, I wanted to share something of our rafting experience on the Snake River.
We booked with Barker-Ewing, and took the combination float/whitewate Read more