Esterbrook Campground Review
Nestled among pine trees near Laramie Peak, 30 mi south of Douglas, Esterbrook is only a few miles from Black Mountain Lookout, one of the few staffed fire lookouts remaining in the country. During fire season (generally mid-June through September) be sure to ask the ranger-in-residence before exploring his or her home.
- Address: Forest Rd. 633, Douglas, WY, 82633.
- Phone: 307/358–4690
- Hours: Mid-May–mid-Oct.
- Website: www.fs.fed.us/r2/mbr/recreation/camping/douglas/esterbrook.shtml
- Location: Douglas
- 12 sites
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Minnesota-South Dakota-Wyoming Our MN family of four (6 & 9 yos) hit the Black Hills, Devil’s Tower, Deadwood, Rapids City ... Read more
Hey! Back in 2013, me and my grandparents took a trip headed to South Dakota, Wyoming and Montana. The full writeup with pictures is he... Read more
We are going to Yellowstone and the Tetons! Looking for your thoughtful advice on how to SPREAD our time and where to do a few activiti... Read more