- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Compass American Guides: Wyoming, 5th Edition
Eatons' Guest Ranch
At a Glance
- a pleasantly rustic experience, with plenty of chances to spend time in the saddle
- with the minimum stay, if you find you don't like ranch life you're stuck for a few days
Check Rates from our Partners
Eatons' Guest Ranch Review
This spread is credited with inventing the dude ranch, back in the late 19th century, and it's still going strong as a working cattle ranch. Its location, west of Sheridan on the edge of the Bighorn National Forest, makes it ideal for horseback riding, fishing, cookouts, and pack trips. The ranch can accommodate 125 guests, and reservations for the summer should be made by March. The facilities are a collection of one-, two-, and three-bedroom cabins and the main lodge. There's a one-week minimum stay mid-June through August and a three-day minimum stay the rest of the season.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just saw a clip about the above.
Mentions small earthquakes have been taking place that could be the start of bigger things.
http://kplr11.com/2014/04/02/animals-leaving-yellowstone-park/ Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more