- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Chophouse Review
In the middle of a ranching town in the middle of ranching country, it's no surprise that more than half of this restaurant's menu is devoted to beef. Chef Ray Marini, who helped open the first American restaurant in the Soviet Union, uses only certified Angus, and only cuts that have been aged to his standards. The remainder of the menu is split between pasta and dishes made with fresh fish flown in at Marini's request. Of course, the beef dishes—including the massive 22-ounce bone-in rib eye—remain house favorites. The two dining rooms are on the ground floor of a renovated century-old hotel: one is cheerfully decorated in a Western motif, and the other is accented with dark-wood trim and artwork by Frank Sinatra, one of the owner's favorite celebrities.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Trip summary: My wife and I are both in our early sixties. Read more
Much more than a great day hike.
August 16, 2013. Kyle McKenzie and Roger Roots, both of Montana. Patrick Murphy joined us on the trip down from Montana, but Patrick had to do some work in Jackson so he Read more
I am in the early planning stages of a RV trip from Raleigh NC -> West, with the key stops of Grand Canyon, Arches, Zion and anywhere else in the general area. Read more
· News & Features
Visitors in the know about Disney's new parks system are sure to experience a much smoother vacation tha ... Read more
Mexico City's art scene is vibrant, solid, and ever-flourishing.... Read more
Last week, JW Marriott Hanoi debuted in Hanoi, Vietnam, following in the footsteps of two other JW Marrio... Read more