- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Virginian Restaurant
The Virginian Restaurant Review
Named for the 1902 Owen Wister novel that made Buffalo famous, this is the dining salon of the beautifully restored Occidental Hotel. Dishes made from organic beef range from buffalo rib eye to chateaubriand and filet mignon with béarnaise sauce. Further delights include shrimp scampi, swordfish, and chicken marsala, all served amid the splendor of antique mirrors, Western art, and Victorian lamps; many fixtures are from the original building. Period lamps light the 19th-century brass-color tin ceiling, and wainscoting accents the maroon-colored walls. There's also a kids' menu, and starry-eyed couples can dine in candlelit seclusion within the old Stockmen's bank vault.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Trip summary: My wife and I are both in our early sixties. Read more
Much more than a great day hike.
August 16, 2013. Kyle McKenzie and Roger Roots, both of Montana. Patrick Murphy joined us on the trip down from Montana, but Patrick had to do some work in Jackson so he Read more
Hi, My wife and I are from the UK and we're hoping to spend 3 weeks on a road trip in the USA, in late-summer 2014. Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more