- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The North Fork Highway—as the route leading west to Yellowstone is locally known—follows the North Fork of the Shoshone River past barren rock formations strewn with tumbleweeds, then enters lush forests and green meadows as the elevation increases roughly 3,000 feet in 70 mi. Cody is within easy reach of the Shoshone National Forest, the Absaroka Range, the Washakie Wilderness, and the Buffalo Bill Reservoir. If you're staying downtown, shops, restaurants, and even the Buffalo Bill Historical Center are within easy walking distance. Otherwise, you'll need a car, as there is no public transportation and only one taxi company.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's