- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The fish are big at the private Monster Lake, filled with rainbow, brook, and brown trout weighing up to 10 pounds. For a fee you can fish all or part of the day at this lake on the east side of town. Cody, WY. 307/797-4109.
You can buy fishing tackle, rent equipment, get information on fishing in the area, or take a guided half- or full-day trip with Tim Wade's North Fork Anglers 1107 Sheridan Ave., Cody, WY, 82414. 307/527-7274. northforkanglers.com.
Wyoming Trout Masters will arrange trips on the Shoshone, Clark's Fork, and Bighorn rivers, plus several lakes around Cody. Choose from pontoon boat, lake trolling, river wading, or float-tube adventures, as well as fishing/photo combos. 63 Bartlett La., Cody, WY, 82414. 307/250–0043. www.troutmasters.us).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe