- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Much of Casper Mountain is taken up by private land, but there are some public trails, including mountain-bike routes and the Braille Trail, a simple hike with plaques (in Braille) that describe the views and ecology of the mountain. The trails can get a little crowded in the summer. Contact the Casper Convention and Visitors Bureau for more information. 992 N. Poplar St., Casper, WY, 82601. 307/234-5362 or 800/852-1889. www.casperwyoming.info.
The Platte River Parkway hiking trail runs adjacent to the North Platte River in downtown Casper. Access points are at Amoco Park at 1st and Poplar streets, or at Crosswinds Park, on North Poplar Street near the Casper Events Center. Casper, WY.
More Sports and Outdoors
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe