- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Horseback Riding and Pack Trips
Located on a 24,000-acre working ranch, the Powder River Experience gives you the chance to ride on the open range or to pack into the backcountry for an overnight stay at a log cabin. You're also encouraged to watch or personally experience as many ranch activities as you wish, whether it's branding, cattle driving, or calving. 297 Upper Powder River Rd., 6 mi. south of U.S. 14, Arvada, WY, 82831. 307/758-4381 or 888/736-2402.
Trails West Outfitters arranges multiday pack trips in the Shoshone National Forest. The company also operates shorter wilderness excursions and drop camps for more independent adventurers. 140 Flagstaff Way, Buffalo, WY, 82834. 307/684-5233 or 888/283-9793. www.trailswestoutfitters.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's