- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Perhaps the most unexpected sport to be found in the outdoor playground of the Bighorn National Forest is polo. The game has been played at the Big Horn Events Center, formerly the Big Horn Equestrian Center ever since upper-class English and Scottish families settled the area in the 1890s, making these the oldest polo grounds in the United States. You can watch people at play for free on Sunday in the summer. The 65 acres here are also used for other events, including youth soccer and bronc riding. Near state bird farm, on Hwy. 28, west of Big Horn, Big Horn, WY, 82801. 307/673-0454.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's