- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Just about every community in the region has private campgrounds and RV parks. The Wyoming Campground Association can provide information on these campgrounds.
You can also camp on public lands managed by the U.S. Forest Service and local Bureaus of Land Management; these camping opportunities range from dispersed camping with no facilities to campgrounds with water, fire pits, and picnic tables. Some of the best camping spots are in the Medicine Bow-Routt National Forest near the communities of Centennial, Saratoga, Encampment, and Baggs. Camping near lakes and reservoirs is possible west of Cheyenne at Curt Gowdy State Park and south of Green River at Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area.
Kemmerer District Bureau of Land Management. WY. 307/828-4500. www.wy.blm.gov/kfo/info.htm.
Rawlins District Bureau of Land Management. WY. 307/328-4200. www.blm.gov/wy/st/en/field_offices/Rawlins.htm/.
Rock Springs District Bureau of Land Management. WY. 307/352-0256. www.blm.gov/wy/st/en/field_offices/Rock_Springs.html.
U.S. Forest Service. WY. 303/275-5350. www.fs.fed.us/r2.
Wyoming Campground Association. WY. 307/684-5722. www.campwyoming.org/.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe