- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Brook trout are abundant in the lakes and streams of Medicine Bow-Routt National Forest, and you will also find rainbow, golden, cutthroat, and brown trout, as well as splake. You can also drop a fly in the North Platte River.
Stoney Creek Outfitters rents tackle and runs fishing trips on the Upper North Platte. 216 E. Walnut St., Saratoga, WY, 82331. 307/326-8750. www.fishstoneycreek.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe