- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Compass American Guides: Wyoming, 5th Edition
Pilot Butte Wild Horse Scenic Loop Tour
Pilot Butte Wild Horse Scenic Loop Tour Review
Wild horses, antelope, desert elk, coyotes, hawks, and sage grouse are among the wild animals you might see on the Pilot Butte Wild Horse Scenic Loop Tour, which also takes you past such prominent features as Pilot Butte, the Killpecker Sand Dunes, and segments of the Overland Trail. Along the route there are pullouts with interpretive panels.
This loop links Rock Springs and Green River; it takes two to three hours to drive the 50-mi route, half of which is on gravel roads, between the two towns. From Rock Springs, travel north for 14 mi on Highway 191. Turn left onto Sweetwater County Road 4-14 and follow the route for 2½ mi before turning left onto Sweetwater County Road 4-53, which will take you to Green River, 33½ mi away.
- Address: Rock Springs, WY
- Phone: 307/362–3771
- Location: Rock Springs
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hey! Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more