- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A network of cross-country trails in Medicine Bow-Routt National Forest, the Bottle Creek Ski Trails include several backcountry trails suitable only for expert skiers. There are also easier routes for skiers of all levels. Some trails double as snowmobile trails. All of them are free. Hwy. 70, 6 mi southwest of Encampment, Encampment, WY, 82325. 307/327-5720.
For ski rentals and sales as well as trail information, go to the Trading Post. Junction of Hwys. 70 and 230, Encampment, WY, 82325. 307/327-5720.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Rock Springs Fr $131+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $48/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Rock Springs Fr $138+/Nt Expedia
- $46.50 & up : Full Size rentals in Rock Springs Hotwire
- $77.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Rock Springs — $77 Hotwire
- $37.50 & up : Compact rentals in Rock Springs — $38 Hotwire